Monday, October 13, 2008

Skubalon



Today in studying the book of Philippians... Paul makes some pretty profound statements to the church of Philippi and I thought that I could just share some of the revelation God has been giving me. Working, studying and living in community is not always easy and God likes to use sticky situations to bring us into closer relationship to him and others. Philippians vs 3:14-15 "I press on toward the goal for the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us then who are mature be of the same mind; and if you think differently about anything, this too God will reveal to you." This also relates to vs 2:5 "Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus" The idea of Unity runs throughout the text of Philippians and becoming of the same mind. Thinking as Christ would think and consequently live. I love how Paul can be so poetic with his approach. The way he states that if we think differently about how to live... God will bring clarity. That we are not responsible for the sin in our lives until we are made aware that it is sin. That we are only responsible for that which God reveals to us, but as the Body of Christ we are to be of one mind so that unity flows in the church and out into the world. 

Imagine if we could unite in our families... our cities... imagine if we could unite in our nation. What would that look like? I think we need to stop imagining in these things and believe in them. It has to start somewhere, so I guess I am just asking why not with me? Why not start with you?

Thanks for letting me go off... 
I ask if there was anything that I said that struck a cord with you maybe just pray about it, and if not that's ok too... all things will be made known in there right time.

huggggggssssss and kkkkissssssessss

p.s. the only place of silence in this building is on the roof and sometimes that isn't all that quite but here is a picture of the way up to the top and what it looks like from the roof.

Side note I learned that the word Skubalon in Greek means "poop"... try using it in conversation some time today and let me know how it goes.... ;0)

3 comments:

Kay said...

Hi Sweetie!
It was so good to hear your voice today. I miss you so much. I love all the pictures on the wall above your desk. It is nice to see where you live.

XX
Auntie

Whitney said...

yay! thanks for the updates... it's SO amazing to hear what God has been teaching you and revealing to you!! lol, the whole thing about going up on the roof totally made me smile - that's exactly what i did ALL THE TIME when we were in saipan. basically every morning, and sometimes in the evening i went and sat up there for my quiet time or whatever... i have such good memories of that! i guess you find peace and quiet wherever you can get it! :D
oh man, lauren, i miss you so much!!!! :D love you TONS and hopefully i will get to talk to you soon!

love, whits

Anonymous said...

Lauren! It is wonderful to hear that God is revealing new things to you! I hope that this week you learn even more! Miss you friend - but I'm glad that you're having a great time!
Love you!
Krisp