Monday, October 20, 2008

Another week of Amazing





Loving LIFE! 

Finished Galatains (which has been my favorite book so far) and now I am trying to dig into Mark. It is my first Narrative in scripture and a little scary with how much bigger it is then the rest of the books I have done.... all I can say is bring it on ;0)

I went to visit Micky's (my roomie) family this weekend and had the BEST time. Her father is a pilot and I convinced him to take me for a ride next time I come over. Micky's place is about 3omins or so from school and so she plans on making many trips home within the school year. The cool part is that she has extended the invite indefinitely so if I ever want to get away I can go with her. Did I mention that her family ROCKS! They are the most down to earth family and I feel so completely at home in their house. Yes... they love me :0) but who wouldn't... right? Just kidding.. ok maybe not. They mentioned that they were now my surrogate parents, just within a couple hours of meeting me. Did I mention how cool they are! They wined and dinned me the whole weekend. 
So the Base has a DTS (Disciple Training School) that just got back form a portion of their outreach this weekend along with two other DTS's who came in for a special lecher for the whole week! That is 61 extra students on top of the already existing three schools and 80 staff. It is so CRAZY around here right now. Then each one of the schools that just arrived have staff as to boot! There is well over 200 people on the base at one time. God is sooooo Good to have let me get away for the weekend... :0)

So I did a boo boo and forgot my camera at schools so I will have to get some pictures from the other side of town plus some from the air very soon.

Here are some more pics of the School and the Braai last week.

P.S. Thank you all for your posted comments they really me a lot to me!
Talk to you again very soon!
Love,
Lauren-Jean

(the pics are of Micky sleeping while the boy's Braai and then we all celebrate together in the dinning hall. The last pic is of the Ocean from the top of the school.)

4 comments:

Kay said...

Sounds like a great week Munchkin! A girl can never have too many parents. Esp...if they are wining and dining you!

denny said...

Hi Sweetie!Wow we are always so excited to read your Blogs..almost feel like we are there with you. Your Lifes adventures are such a blessing for us..and being able to share thru your eyes is awesome! Keep blogging we love you xoxo Mom & DadDe Hope you got your pkg....

Anonymous said...

Hey LOLO! Well, I am not sure about having other parents around! We do miss you lots and love reading up on your weeks. Miss you so much Lauren!
Aimee says hello and misses you!
Love, Keehns

Anonymous said...

Hey Lo Lo!! Miss you so much. Not sure about having another surrogate family- thought we were the only ones? JK! We know you will have many in all of your travels! Love you Lots, Keehn Fam.