Tuesday, November 18, 2008

short update








Finished Luke and half way through 1 Corinthians.
When I say half way, I mean I have read it 2 1
/2 times and Paul is kicking my butt as normal. 
There has been questions with context and it all comes back to Historical Background. Looking at the passage as if I were in the time it was written and then applying those truths to my life today. 

Thanksgiving is coming up very soon and there are enough Americans here on base that would like to celebrate together, so we will have a nice dinner at one of the leaders homes. There would be to many people to cook for if we made a Thanksgiving dinner for the whole base, even though that would be really cool to do. 

I wind around these parts has been quite intense, and not all that enjoyable to go outside. I hope it lets up in the next week or so.

It looks like I will be sticking around these parts for Christmas. I had thought that I might get to go else where but plans have changed and for all I know it could be for the better. A group of friends are look to rent out a cabin for the two weeks off... so time will only tell. 

I can only download five photos at a time and so I would like to show you a little more of the hike the other day...
Love and Hugs
Lauren-Jean

p.s.
The Photo of a close up shot on the city below, you can see the base. If you follow the river bridge to the left... and follow the bridge as it becomes a street into the city till it then becomes a pizza shape you can find my place. It is sort of like where is Waldo or where is Lauren going to school?

1 comment:

denny said...

Hi Sweetie, Well as always enjoy your Blog! Thanksgiving is right around the corner...hope you receive your package before then. Off to Ojai to share with the family, wishing you were here with us...you will be in our hearts and in our minds as we share this Thanksgiving Holiday away from home. Keep sending your updates their the Best! XOXO Mom & Dad De